I am an evolutionary biologist interested in understanding how phylogenetic history and environmental preferences shape the distribution of clades over time, and influence their trait evolution.
PhD in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, 2017
- University of Colorado Boulder, working with Dr. Stacey Smith (Smith lab website)
- systematics of the tribe Datureae (Solanaceae)
- reconstruction of biogeographical history
- environmental niche evolution
- fruit anatomy
Professional Certificate in Botanical Museum collections, 2016
- University of Colorado Boulder Museum of Natural History (see here for more info on this program).
- done alongside my PhD work
- I am an enthusiast of the use of museum collections as source of information (i.e. samples for DNA, morphology, geographical information, etc.) - my PhD thesis would not have happened without such institutions and the invaluable data they hold.