I am an evolutionary biologist interested in understanding how phylogenetic history and environmental preferences shape the distribution of clades over time, and influence their trait evolution.
MSCA Postdoctoral Research fellow at Laboratoire Évolution et Diversité Biologique, Université Paul Sabatier, working with Dr. Guillaume Besnard on the project:
"FRUITFUL - On the evolution of fleshy fruits: An integrative test to assess the relative role of intrinsic and extrinsic factors in shaping fruit type in Oleaceae"
PhD in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, 2017
- University of Colorado Boulder, working with Dr. Stacey Smith (Smith lab website)
- systematics of the tribe Datureae (Solanaceae)
- reconstruction of biogeographical history
- environmental niche evolution
- fruit anatomy
Professional Certificate in Botanical Museum collections, 2016
- University of Colorado Boulder Museum of Natural History (see here for more info on this program).
- done alongside my PhD work
- I am an enthusiast of the use of museum collections as source of information (i.e. samples for DNA, morphology, geographical information, etc.) - my PhD thesis would not have happened without such institutions and the invaluable data they hold.